Chip And Joanna Gaines Are Filming A New Show At Their Waco Hotel — And They Might Keep ‘Fixer Uppers Renovated Castle

Chip And Joanna Gaines Are Filming A New Show At Their Waco Hotel — And They Might Keep ‘Fixer Uppers Renovated Castle
© Provided by Variety

The final season of "Fixer Upper," the "Castle" special that centers on Chip and Joanna Gaines renovating a century-old castle in their hometown of Waco, Texas, just wrapped with a six-episode run on Magnolia Network, Discovery+ and HBO max But Gaines has already moved on to his next on-screen development, which is especially important to them since the end product will become an integral part of their Magnolia empire: Hotel 1928, a downtown Waco boutique that will cater combine for throngs of people making a pilgrimage. to its main shopping, dining and outdoor seating area The Silos.

"We are currently filming a renovation of the hotel and the irony is that the architect Roy Lane, who was working on the castle at the time, was the same architect as this hotel when it was built," said Joanna Gaines. “It's fun to see these bows and designs that were on the castle that are on the current building. It's really special.

The Gains say the hotel, created in a partnership between them and boutique hotel developer AJ Capital, will be completed by October next year, so they expect the untitled renovation to start showing. And of course you also have the option to stay at Hotel 1928.

Hosted by Chip and Joanna Gaines, as seen in "Fixer Upper: The Castle". © Dustin Cohen greets Chip and Joanna Gaines in Fixer Upper: The Castle

"It was the biggest project of my life, the castle is now my second, with four floors of restaurants and rooms and a full ballroom," Joanna said. "But these two projects, the castle and the hotel, were actually based on this story. The design is largely based on this. What do I want to do with it? design, so for me it was a fun learning process where I feel like I can introduce myself and just be a student and learn for a second.

As for the castle, Chip and Joanna thought about what exactly they would do with it, buy it and renovate it "with the sole purpose of selling it to the family, the end user who's going to use it" rather than listing it on VRBO . or Airbnb. .

"The problem is that it's hard to handle," Chip said. "Once I sell something to you, it's yours and you can do whatever you want with it... Because of my insecurities, I think: 'What if the family owns it and rents it out for the weekend?' They can do anything they want I don't want to feel like I'm watching someone's back I keep fighting internally what if it's supposed to be for us I don't mean us personally because we don't think I think we will physically live there, but I don't know if it won't be somebody five years from now, ten years from now, my family - my parents live in Dallas/Fort Worth, they're getting older, maybe they want to move to the city ​​to be closer to the little ones - the kids, how do I know, not right now, but maybe tomorrow.

He added: “I would hate to give it up, make a small profit or cut our losses, no matter how financially, only to regret it a year later. I think we play too slow.

Fortunately, Joanna agrees with him on this point: "Let's enjoy it for a second before we make a decision."

For more stories like this, follow us on MSN by clicking the button at the top of this page.

Click here to read the full article.

The couple, who appeared on Fixer Upper, spoke about how real the show is.

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post