ULTIMATE PERUGIA TRAVEL GUIDE (Tips from an Italian local)

ULTIMATE PERUGIA TRAVEL GUIDE (Tips from an Italian local)

I don't know what came first but that's a Ferrero Rocher.

What Came First

I don't know what came first but that's a Ferrero Rocher Good morning from beautiful Perugia Italy yesterday we caught a 45 minute train to take us from Camucia all the way here to the capital of Umbria to place that in your mind it's the town right next to Tuscany or the area right next to Tuscan basically the only reason we came to Perugia is because we have a cheap flight heading further south into the boot of

Layover

Italy tomorrow but from what we've seen online  this isn't a bad place to have a quick layover

Italy tomorrow but from what we've seen online this isn't a bad place to have a quick layover we wanted to make the most of our limited time here in Perugia so we tried to book on to like a sightseeing tour Unfortunately they were all booked out but the amazing host of The tour Susan gave us a list of what we should do while we're here so today we're just following her instructions we get to try some chocolate have some nice alcoholic drinks and gelato one of the sites in this list was this National Galleria it's pretty much the art capital of Umbria here in Perugia looked really cool inside but it was 10 euro so rather spend that money on the gelato.

We mentioned earlier it's a bit rainy and yucky it's okay Cathedral with Saint Laurent Lauren we've come in here to get out of the rain for a while but it's beautiful luckily [the next stop] is super close so we should be able to run there now we've got our first kind of food stop of the day Perugia is also called the city of chocolate and when I first heard that I was expecting like Willy Wonka in a city but when we got here and The Fountains were not made of chocolate I did a bit of research and I realized that there is a story that goes back to the 20s of a woman who invented effectively the kiss type of chocolate they call it something an Italian here (Bacio) so it's the Italian kiss and it's like a hazelnut chocolate with a hazelnut inside the chocolate too. 

Super Famous and it spawned just a massive chocolate industry here and now we're literally standing in a square and there is five chocolate shops around here and three of them are the same company and that company is the one that does the mass-produced chocolate that's not supposed to be as good what we're going for is the artisanal chocolate and was specifically recommended by Susan the local here oh it's pretty inside they've got a paint and roof like the cathedral super popular this has been churning out orders and people the whole time we've been in town it's a pretty intense shop there's one lady serving like 50 people so we haven't ordered any actual chocolates but we did get a hot chocolate so that's something it was very good what do you want hot chocolate okay I'll bring it to you and she will and we didn't even see the chocolate on the way in but we've come to this back room and we found them and I look amazing thank you wow oh my God this isn't a hot chocolate that is a cup full of melted chocolate look at that oh it's so hot I'm literally a cup of melted chocolate hmm okay thank you thank you have a nice day

What Came First

I don't know what came first  but that's a Ferrero Rocher

I don't know what came first but that's a Ferrero Rocher um I feel like the hot chocolate we had was so rich that this is kind of I don't know, Overkill oh it's good yeah it's ferrero rocher next is like some spice shop which Susan says is like stepping back in time I don't think we're in the market for spice we're not probably going to use it if we buy any but worth checking out if Susan recommends it Susan lost us a bit on that one pretty cool because he's got all the old jars of spices and stuff but a bit small and we can't really buy like a massive bag of spices it's not one, it's the other wrong I'll push if I wanna push

Want To Push

I will push if I want to push, I hate doors

I will push if I want to push, I hate doors something I love about this city is wherever you are on like the corners of the top of the hill they have these spaces that specifically designed to have Lookouts and are just really gives you the scale of the city it's monstrous like I mean it's the capital of this region but huge so Misty this place is just as hilly as Cortona and it's getting to about lunchtime so we've absolutely worked up our appetite and we found

Pizzeria

a pizzeria that is really high rated and also  has like blog posts about it so definitely go

a pizzeria that is really high rated and also has like blog posts about it so definitely go on there this wasn't on the list but when we saw the photos of the pizza we had to add it looks amazing it's like proper wood fire pizza I'm so excited that was amazing could have very easily finished it but we've got a savoring for gelato which is the best Peters and chocolate

Italian Gelat

amazing I don't think anything  can beat Italian gelato

Amazing I don't think anything can beat Italian gelato that place was specifically recommended by Susan and the next place we're gonna go

Best Cocktail Bar In Perugia

get a cocktail at the best cocktail bar in Perugia

Get a cocktail at the best cocktail bar in Perugia wow thank you Susan outdid herself on this place that's the bartender we just told him what we like and I have a grapefruit Rosemary gin fizzy drink which sounds amazing that's perfect I got a whiskey lemon ginger thing with thank you with Smoky whiskey oh that's good oh I love it yeah it's really good so this is the first time ever in Italy we've taken part in having an aperitiva which is a cocktail between sort of work time and dinner and it comes with a salty snack that was so nice I love that the cool experience just being like I want something citrusy and sweet and he nailed the drink I loved it the hot chocolates were a bit too much so we ordered a cappuccino and poured it into each to make a mocha I could have just ordered that to start with but we didn't know

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post